Discover Money Saving Tips from Co-Author of Healthcare Survival Guide
On the October 11 edition of Economic Perspectives I interviewed Martin Rosen, co-author of The Healthcare Survival Guide™ , a 72-page book that provides important information about affordable healthcare insurance and medical services, as well as other cost-saving tips. Rosen is the cofounder of Health Advocate™, Inc., an independent healthcare advocacy and assistance company.
Some of the money saving tips discussed in his book, which was co-written by the co-founder of Health Advocates Inc. Abbie Leibowitz, M.D., include:
- Know the differences between insurance plans so you can choose the best for you and your family.
- Ask your doctor for a discount. A whopping 61 percent of patients, who did, got one!
- Look on pharmaceutical websites for free trial offers for medications.
- Check out a university dental clinic, staffed by dental interns, offering quality care for a great deal less.
- Ask about the cost for a medical procedure. Prices can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars in the same zip code!
To listen to my interview with Martin Rosen click here: Martin Rosen Interview.